Pages

torstai 29. syyskuuta 2016

Mac

My son needed a beanie. Something warm but snug to wear under the helmet while biking to school.

My customers wanted to know how Woolfolk Får knitted up. Is one skein enough for a beanie?

I now have all the answers.


I wrote down the pattern while knitting and thought I would share it with you.

“Mac”
a snug beanie in size 54cm

Material: Woolfolk FÅR 33 gr colorway 11 navy and 
                                           Woolfolk SNO 5 gr colorway 01 Snow +07 Medium Bronze 

Needles: 4mm or 4.5mm to get gauge. I  used 4mm 40cm circulars.

Gauge: 22 sts /10cm for a thick and warm beanie

Cast on 88 sts on 40 cm circulars with a cast on method of your choosing.
Knit 18 rows of k1,p1 rib. Start stockinette and knit 5 rows with FÅR and 3 rows of SNO until 
beanie measures 18 cm. 
Next row *k2tog, k2*, repeat *-* to end = 66 sts
Continue in stripe and knit 7 rows. 
Next row *k2tog, k1*, repeat *-* to end = 44 sts. 
Next row *k2tog*, repeat *-* to end = 22sts. 
Next row *k2tog*, repeat *-* to end = 11 sts. 
Cut yarn and draw through remaining 11 sts. Secure yarn tightly with a darning needle. weave in all ends and block lightly. 



Yes one skein is enough for a snug beanie without extra baggyness in size 54 cm. From one skein I still have 17 grams left from the FÅR skein. So even without striping with SNO one skein would have been enough. I love how FÅR knitted up. It is such a comfy and soft beanie. 




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti